Obfuscated

Is anyone having luck printing .1 mm with Replicator 2x?

Is anyone having luck printing .1 mm layers with Replicator 2x? If so what settings are you using?
Obfuscated

Re: Is anyone having luck printing .1 mm with Replicator 2x

So after alot of fiddling I've been able to do some decent prints at layer heights of .1.

Extrusion Diameter .4 mm
Auto Extrusion Width .9 mm
Extrusion Multiplier .7 mm
Phgeis

I am fighting with mt 2x on .2 mm . Could you give me a hint where your importations are around? I use right now
Nozzle .4
Width .36
Multiplier 1.1

I am not totally satisfied with the result

These seam totally different from your .1 values. Can you help me underfunding these parameters?
Enginwiz

The Replicator 2 can do 0,1 mm prints in PLA.

You can see pictures of my 0,1 mm prints on

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:147628

Search for "Simplify3D Creator profiles for PLA" and download the .factory files.

Happy printing!
Obfuscated

Phgeis wrote:I am fighting with mt 2x on .2 mm . Could you give me a hint where your importations are around? I use right now
Nozzle .4
Width .36
Multiplier 1.1

I am not totally satisfied with the result

These seam totally different from your .1 values. Can you help me underfunding these parameters?
Nozzle is of course pretty much whatever your nozzle diameter is.

Width is the size that the extrusion comes out of the nozzle. I think that's including the width it gets squished out to. So it's reasonable to assume it will be always be larger than the nozzle diameter. This setting will effect the amount of spacing being shells.

Multiplier will change the amount of plastic coming out of the nozzle. ABS tends to expand more than PLA. So this value for ABS should be smaller than PLA. Also the smaller the layer height the smaller this value should be.
Enginwiz

During calibration I measured the extruded path width on the printed parts several times. The sharp tip of the MK 8 nozzle doesn't squish out the extruded plastic. With the right amount of plastic extruded the extruded path is a little bit less than 0,4 mm wide. I used 0,4 mm as a standard extrusion width for all layer heights and got very good print quality with this setting.

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”