22MIL2DAY

bad vibration

I notice that when the print is finishing the top surfaces on a radius in one direction (axis) it is very smooth but the other is a violent back and forth vibration.Is it possible in the software to have the extruder follow the outline in a smooth flow rather than the stitching action which looks much like a sewing machine cross stitching and causes magnified vibration epecialy when the part is tall
Earsmith

Re: bad vibration

Im interested to hear what comes out of this one, what printer do you own? Use the JOG controls and listen for the vibration. If you cant hear the vibration it may be comming from the extruder.
jimc

its just infilling in a thin or tight area zig zagging back and forth. its kinda what its supposed to do. it will all vary depending on the specific part you are making. if you know you have an area like this you can increase the number of walls enough to be almost solid in that area.
22MIL2DAY

I am new to this 3D printing and I am using a MakerGear M2 . When you say "Increase the number of walls" under what tab is the option and what is it called?
jimc

the layer tab in creator
Obfuscated

It's also possible the the nozzle is hitting the previous layer. Your settings may be extruding too much plastic which is causing rough layers.

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”