KeyboardWarrior

Tip of the Day 30 - Using 3DTouch, CubeX,CubePro and Rapman

Simplify3D 3.0 introduced a bunch of changes, and therefore the previous thread on this subject (tip of the day 22), is no longer valid. The profiles attached have been optimized and revised, they include <Extruder> tags which will allow for easy configuration of extruders. In the past if you have a CubePro trio and wanted to only use two extruders, you would use the CubePro Duo profile. With these new profiles, you would use the CubePro trio printer profile and then just select the Extruder choice selection for "Extruders 1 and 2 only" in the FFF Settings window. Another new addition here is that there is now a Mac converter for BFB to CubePro files, which is very helpful.

For 3D Touch, CubeX, Rapman printers.

1) Download .Zip file below
BFB AND CUBE PRO PROFILES 3.0.1.zip
(46.43 KiB) Downloaded 3440 times
[/b]
2) Go to File-->Import FFF Profile and import the FFF profile for your printer.
3) Configure Simplify3D and then slice and use the Save Toolpaths to Disk button to save your .BFB file.
4) Transfer this .BFB file to Flash Memory-->Plug in Flash Memory to printer and start the print!

For CubePro printers

Download the converter for your computer:
Codex 32 converter:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/q17jwj104d7qy ... 2.exe?dl=0
Codex 64 converter:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/snpmkood7u4s5 ... 4.exe?dl=0
Codex for MAC Converter (NEW):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/94v7bf1vneme5 ... x.zip?dl=0

1) Download .Zip file below
BFB AND CUBE PRO PROFILES 3.0.1.zip
(46.43 KiB) Downloaded 3440 times
[/b]
2) Go to File-->Import FFF Profile and import the FFF profile for your printer.
3) Configure Simplify3D and then slice and use the Save Toolpaths to Disk button to save your .BFB file.
4) Open the Codex converter and have it selected to "CubePro" for the printer, and function set to "EnCode", then pick your newely saved .BFB file. The converter will create a .CubePro file
5) Transfer this .CubePro file to Flash Memory-->Plug in Flash Memory to printer and start the print!

Troubleshooting:

**Please ensure that you are using Simplify3D 3.0.0 or newer with these profiles**

**If you'd like to change the speed of your print, you can change the Default Print Speed value under the Other tab, but also be sure to change the Extrusion rate by changing the M108 S value in the Starting Script of the Scripts tab. It should be the last line in the Scripts tab.**
mmcginnis9272

Re: Tip of the Day 30 - Using 3DTouch, CubeX,CubePro and Rap

With your new profiles, how do you handle tool changes? The tool change script is now blank.
KeyboardWarrior

mmcginnis9272 wrote:With your new profiles, how do you handle tool changes? The tool change script is now blank.
Tool Changes are handled in the post-processing section REPLACE commands. Let me know if you have issues printing though.
mmcginnis9272

Ok, so the extruder will still go to the cleaning bay and clean the head each tool change?
rustel1972

hi i have a cubex duo [only using one head]. i have the supplied fff file installed, and i can make it work on my printer, but it extrudes for a very long time at the beginning of every print and at a speed which which make the extruder click. it then goes to another spot [centre back of build area] and does it again [no clicking this time].
i would also like to make it abit faster, 30h print on my machine took 5 hour on an up box,
i have a heated bed alternate z sensor plus a e3d v6 hot end. Sorry for my lack of g code knowledge.
KeyboardWarrior

rustel1972 wrote:hi i have a cubex duo [only using one head]. i have the supplied fff file installed, and i can make it work on my printer, but it extrudes for a very long time at the beginning of every print and at a speed which which make the extruder click. it then goes to another spot [centre back of build area] and does it again [no clicking this time].
i would also like to make it abit faster, 30h print on my machine took 5 hour on an up box,
i have a heated bed alternate z sensor plus a e3d v6 hot end. Sorry for my lack of g code knowledge.
Thanks for the feedback. This CubePro Duo profile has variable speed built in. If you could test this and let me know how it works for you that'd be awesome. It should be quite a bit faster overall, but is experimental at this point. Variable speed means that the extrusion rates and speeds built in do change, the infill prints faster than the perimeters, the support material prints slightly slower, etc.
CubePro_DUO_VariableSpeed.fff
(21.19 KiB) Downloaded 974 times
rustel1972

hi the fff file for a cube pro, i have a cube x duo, so i couldn't test.
btw i did a look up of what m codes mean and did a quick and dirty edit. The prints i'm getting are the best i've ever had, with raft and support breaking away with ease. room for improvement though.
Attachments
cubex _tweak.fff
this work ok on my cubex in ABS
(10.7 KiB) Downloaded 851 times
the_dude

rustel1972 wrote:hi the fff file for a cube pro, i have a cube x duo, so i couldn't test.
btw i did a look up of what m codes mean and did a quick and dirty edit. The prints i'm getting are the best i've ever had, with raft and support breaking away with ease. room for improvement though.

Have you tested this .fff file with PLA?
rustel1972

the_dude wrote:
rustel1972 wrote:hi the fff file for a cube pro, i have a cube x duo, so i couldn't test.

Have you tested this .fff file with PLA?

i don't use pla as my prints are mostly patterns for sand casting and i find pla harder to post process.
The pic is what i printed with the fff file i uploaded, 0.3 layer, heated bed, abs. support and raft came away very easily. best prints i've been getting. but still a lot of room for improvement.
print in abs .3mm layer with the fff file uploaded
print in abs .3mm layer with the fff file uploaded
the_dude

Thanks, I just spent the last week trying to get this CubeX dialed in with Kisslicer.. I got pretty far, but the resolution was lacking compared to my other lower spec 3d printer. I've been using Simp3D for a while now on my other printer and I love it. Hoping to get this CubeX dialed in with the same software.

I started with your fff file and it works, except the first layers are complete garbage. I've tried adjusting the Z-Gap, flow tweak and primary layer height. Results with good first layer, 2nd layer starts smearing like cream cheese on a bagel.

Here are the settings I've changed from your fFF file
- First layer height = 100%
- Primary layer height = 0.3
- Target Temp = 200

layers seem to get smudged by the hot extruder. any advice is appreciated.

Thanks again,

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”