LVNeptune
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:59 pm

Slowing down small circles

I see this posted every so often with little to no resolutions. How would you go about slowing down small circles that are a few mm in diameter? My issue isn't the "noise" or "rattling" but the fact that on the first layer the circles are sped up and seem to not follow the rest of the print causing it to partially come up on the first layer usually unless I lower the z-height .1-.2mm down. I don't understand why the circles are printed so much faster when I have the first layer speed set to 20% of 70mm. Like I said the perimeters and everything are definitely slower. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Thanks.
JoeJ
Posts: 1435
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:52 am

Re: Slowing down small circles

Why don't you post your gcode file. It should be really easy to look at it and tell you exactly what speed those circles are printing at.

As far as I know, the first layer speed affects everything on the first layer, so I suspect the circular perimeters would print slower as well.

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”