AndersE
Posts: 224
Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:40 pm

reset in smoothieboard

According to smoothieware it is supposed to reset the board if you type "reset" as a gcode command
but simplify just say "command received" and nothing happens.

Am i doing something wrong?
JoeJ
Posts: 1435
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:52 am

Re: reset in smoothieboard

That sounds like an issue with the firmware. There isn't much else to do in S3D than to type "reset" into the communication window and press Send. After that it's up to the firmware to choose how to handle the command.
AndersE
Posts: 224
Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:40 pm

Re: reset in smoothieboard

I got a response from A.Wolf, he said that Simplify seems to not support unknown g-codes like "reset"

I haven't tried any other soft, but he say pronterface happily take "reset" as command.
JoeJ
Posts: 1435
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:52 am

Re: reset in smoothieboard

Well that's not true at all. I just ran some tests and S3D absolutely DOES send the "reset" command correctly. The software is going to send whatever command you type in, but it's up to the firmware to determine how to handle it. So the software is definitely sending the command to the printer, I can confirm that much. There is no reason to say that it doesn't support unknown commands - it will send whatever you type regardless of if it "knows" the command.
CompoundCarl
Posts: 2005
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:23 am

Re: reset in smoothieboard

I've tested this as well, and S3D sends any command you type

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”