cykaykho
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:45 pm

Gmax Extruder is not lifting up before heating up

I just started using simplify3D 3.0 and to my surprise, when I hit print, the extruder is heating up to 207C then only the extruder move to home and lifting up the extruder by 5mm. By then it's already to late, it burnt a dent on my acrylic bed. I always used slicer and never have a problem. Any fix to this? FYI, I tried changing the starting script and it doesn't work. The extruder won't move until hitting the set temperature.
BaudR8
Posts: 183
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:59 am

Re: Gmax Extruder is not lifting up before heating up

can you post a g-code file? If it burnt a dent into your bed, was your hot end below your Z=0 point before the print started?

or if it's digging into the bed traveling to the first printing point after homing, go to the starting script and after the G28, add in a line like:
G1 Z10 F3600 ; move extruder up 10mm

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”