pls

Placeholder Variable List Request

Does anybody have a placeholder variable list of all variables that can be used in Simplify 3D, for instance when a tool change occurs?

In particular I was wondering if there is such a variable available that contains the number amount of tool changes?
JoeJ

Re: Placeholder Variable List Request

Has been answered many times before. Please use the search
http://forum.simplify3d.com/viewtopic.p ... 959&p=7574
pls

Thank you JoeJ.
I saw that post already. Unfortunately the answer to my question is not in there. Is there a COMPLETE list of all available variables?
Is there a variable that contains the amount of tool changes that have occurred?

Thank you
JoeJ

That is a complete list.

The variable you are asking for (the number of tool changes) does not exist.
pls

:cry:
scottdanesi

I would also love to see a list of placeholder or drop in variables that S3D recognizes in my custom GCode.

More specifically, I am looking to add the following 2 lines to my beginning GCode script so my Ultimaker 2 displays the total run time and material used on the LCD before selecting the gcode file from the SD card.

;TIME: [total time in seconds]
;MATERIAL: [material used in mm]

Thank you!
--Scott Danesi
www.danesidesigns.com
alien2108

Since nobody answered is there really no placeholder for total build time value that was calculated and material used?

MichaelHerron

alien2108 wrote:Since nobody answered is there really no placeholder for total build time value that was calculated and material used?

There ARE other placeholders, but for some reason, there is significant resistance to making them public.

I've used a placeholder in the post-processing script that will give you the material used:

[total_filament_used] works in the post-processing area. I'm not sure if it works anywhere else.

I too would welcome a complete list!

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”