bbinnard
Posts: 90
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:07 pm

Alternate way to repair models

I've done model repair using this program on several of my more complex parts and it has worked better than Netfabb - much faster and easier than either Netfabb Basic or the online version. The name of the program is 3D Builder and you can get it here:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/a ... zdncrfj3t6

The program is a "modern" application, so it has an unusual user interface, and all I have really done with it is repair models, but it does this quite fast and very effectively. I have never had a problem slicing a part repaired by 3D Builder.

If you have complex models that you repair with Netfabb or other means I think you might like this one.
bbinnard
Posts: 90
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:07 pm

Re: Alternate way to repair models

I forgot to mention that because 3D Builder is a "modern" application it will not run on Windows 7 (or earlier versions.) It has to run on Windows 8 or 10; I've been running it on 10.
MJAussie360
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:49 am

Re: Alternate way to repair models

Worth a mention, if you have Windows 10, this comes default in the installation.

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”