GergK
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:01 pm

FF Dreamer stepper values error?

Hi All,

Could everyone tell me, how can I check (and/or reset) the stepper vaules in Flashforge Dreamer?

I have problems with the followings:

- The head moving is larger than gcode script, therefore it makes 5% bigger size parts (only x,y directions),
- when the machine doing the starting script, running out of hard limit, and makes hard noise
- when I print with dual extruders, they are looks misalignment, however the tool tip distance values looks correct.

Of course, I could resize the models before print, and manually adjust the tip distance in g-code, but I think these steps wont be the resolve the original problem...

Im using the latest firmvare..

Thank you for your help,

Greg
JoeJ
Posts: 1435
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:52 am

Re: FF Dreamer stepper values error?

Are you sure you have the right firmware on there? I'm not sure you can set the steps per mm or toolhead offsets for the flashforge dreamer. I thought that was all hard-coded into the firmware.

If it helps, Flashforge has a reference PDF showing the commands they support on the Dreamer:
http://www.ff3dp.com/#!gcode-protocol/c1zfg

I don't see anything in there about steps/mm or toolhead offsets.

If it helps, my dreamer works fine with the stock S3D profile. You might want to try going to help --> config assistant and selecting the Dreamer profile to re-download the recommended settings.
GergK
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:01 pm

Re: FF Dreamer stepper values error?

Thank you JoeJ!

Im using the stock S3d profile for dreamer.

Could you tell my what version firmware are you using? Maybe I should take a try with that one...

Thanks,
Greg
JoeJ
Posts: 1435
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:52 am

Re: FF Dreamer stepper values error?

I've probably had 4 or 5 different firmware versions on there over time and never seen this issue. I think it's 20140821 on there right now.
GergK
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:01 pm

Re: FF Dreamer stepper values error?

Finally I get the solution:

The dreamer's got bad setting in its pulley menu. It was "silver" instead of "Black".

Dreamer touchscreen menu: Tools/Settings/Pulley


The silver setting should be when your machine have metal pulleys, and Balck setting need, when the machine have plastic pulleys. Because these pulleys have different diameter, the machine doing upscale moves...

I hope it will help anybody with same issue...
JoeJ
Posts: 1435
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:52 am

Re: FF Dreamer stepper values error?

Good to know! I'm surprised the manufacturer doesn't set the correct default values from the factory though..

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”