jhaupt
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:49 pm

Exporting/Importing FFF Settings in v3.0.1?

I recently upgraded to v3.0.1 from v2.2.2 (on Debian) but can't see a way of exporting an FFF settings profile. I feel I must be missing something, am I? Sharing these setting between different computers (and different licenses) is a common need.

~Justine
User avatar
KeyboardWarrior
Posts: 480
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:02 pm

Re: Exporting/Importing FFF Settings in v3.0.1?

jhaupt wrote:I recently upgraded to v3.0.1 from v2.2.2 (on Debian) but can't see a way of exporting an FFF settings profile. I feel I must be missing something, am I? Sharing these setting between different computers (and different licenses) is a common need.

~Justine
It's recommend to use Simplify3D 3.0 profiles (Help-->Configuration Assistant to add profiles), since a lot has changed from 2.2.2 to 3.0.1, however you can import version 2.2.2 profiles if needed.

To import from Simplify3D 2.2.2 profile into Simplify3D 3.0, click Edit Process Settings in Simplify3D 2.2.2 and then click Export to save a .fff file. From there, close Simplify3D 2.2.2, then open Simplify3D 3.0 and then go to File-->Import FFF Profile.
jhaupt
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:49 pm

Re: Exporting/Importing FFF Settings in v3.0.1?

Thank you very much, just what I was hoping for.

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”