Colonel_Klink
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2014 7:23 pm

Nozzles just collided with clips holding glass

Hi
Updated to 3.0.1 recently and set my printer (Flashforge Creator Pro) going. I returned to my desk and was startled when the machine made a terrible noise. which originated from the print head colliding withe the clips I use to hold down the print glass surface (used with glue stick). Then I realised the printer was doing its initial purge on the right side of the build table and not the left as it had with version 2.2.2.
I loaded up both 2.2.2 and 3.0.1 and discovered that the initial print scripts between the two versions had changed...

here:
(3.0.1)
G1 X150 Y-70 Z30 F9000 ; move to wait position right hand side of the table

(2.2.2)
G1 X-125 Y-70 Z30 F9000 ; move to wait position off table

and here:
(3.0.1)
G1 X110 Y-70 E25 F300 ; purge nozzle
G1 X120 Y-70 Z0.15 F1200 ; slow wipe
G1 X110 Y-70 Z0.5 F1200 ; lift

(2.2.2)
G1 E25 F300 ; purge nozzle
G1 X-115 Y-70 Z0.15 F1200 ; slow wipe
G1 X-110 Y-70 Z0.5 F1200 ; lift

While it is an easy enough fix at my end, just edit the file and add several "-" in the correct places, I don't know what damage has been done to the print head, as it is now printing off center to the right. I presume when the print head got caught up on the clips it has slipped on the x belt, and I have no idea how to re center the print head.
User avatar
dkightley
Posts: 2405
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:09 pm

Re: Nozzles just collided with clips holding glass

Have a read of this thread: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3006

Exactly the same issue....with a solution.
Doug Kightley
Volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
Railway modeller and webmaster at http://www.talkingtgauge.net
Colonel_Klink
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2014 7:23 pm

Re: Nozzles just collided with clips holding glass

Thanks... I have solved the issue of the print head starting on the right instead of the left. But still have a n issue of the print head not printing center to the build table.
User avatar
dkightley
Posts: 2405
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:09 pm

Re: Nozzles just collided with clips holding glass

I'm sure there's been some mention of this on a recent thread. Unfortunately, I've not got time to look for it....
Doug Kightley
Volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
Railway modeller and webmaster at http://www.talkingtgauge.net
Lorcoft
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:19 pm

Re: Nozzles just collided with clips holding glass

I corrected this problem by moving the end stop on the X & Y axis to just inside the clips line on my printer. I then recalculated my bed size to take into account the clips. It reduces the build envelope a bit, but it saves me the worry of any accidents.
curious aardvark
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:02 am

Re: Nozzles just collided with clips holding glass

instead of bulldog clips - use thin strips of kapton tape on the corners to attach the additional bed.

no point making your print volume smaller :-)

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”