Here's a couple of pictures of the issue I am having. The part is round and has to be printed vertical because of its size. The interface between the part and the support is not right. You can see the terrible layer separation on the lower part of the model. I have tried to mess with the support parameters but nothing seems to help. I am printing at .35 layer height.
Try increasing the pillar resolution to 2, and use a few layers of dense support layers (2-3) set to a higher infill percentage than the normal support percentage. The dense support layer will act as a solid platform, otherwise you'll be bridging between the support. Dense layer supports aren't good for interior overhangs which may be more difficult to remove.
Regarding removing supports, add 1 Upper Vertical Separation layer if difficult to remove.
It looks like the supports in the picture is parallel to the surface, which may not be effective. Rotate the object so the surface isn't square with the bed, or add an angle to the support... something like 45deg, should help.
If your model is a perfect circle, supports may not be needed... try printing without supports for the bottom of the round side. Maybe a little to increase the bed contact.
Use a smaller layer height for the bottom section. It would look MUCH better if you were printing those bottom layers at 0.1-0.15mm instead of 0.35mm. Smaller layer heights can support larger overhang angles.
I would use 10 - 15 % on the infill as it look rather solid.
as at least one dense support layer
set the upper Vertical seperation layer to 1
add an angle of 90 deg to the 0 you got there.
and if you can set the angle so the the support for the curved section is where it's needed.
basically increase it untill you get a columb in the centre of the internal gap as you don't need it the full width of the centre gap.
try using the sectional view and zoom in to see where the layer looses the support of the previous layer. IE: floating.
It's always good to analyse the problem areas in the preview with sectional view and zooming in to see the layers. you might need to add some inflation to get the support structure to provide full support to the dense support layers.
Definately exhaust the preview tool to analyse your part and watch it build and you'll see where there might be problems.
Yeah. Radius corners on the bottom of the part are hard.
Can the part be designed with a 45 degree chamfer? Probably not.
Could the model be split in half down the middle and then be glued or screwed together.
I had to do this with a part that didn't have any good flat surfaces to put on the bed. I was going to have to use a lot of support material and the print wasn't looking so good either. I added a few holes for fasteners and I sliced it in half. No over hangs. No support material. All of the rounded edges are on the "top" of the prints. Beautiful part after assembly. I had to do a little sanding at the "parting line" due to the "squish" of the first layer.