Stabby
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:13 am

Support for internal corners

Hi everybody
I am quite a newbye of 3d printing and much more newbye of Simplify3d software :D so I'm having some problem in supporting the internal corners of my objects

For example in the following simple part I would like to use a low infill (10-15%) but I am sure the the indicated corner will collapse while printing
https://img.bi/#/oXh55Fd!T0VxowZ3C0eweJ ... LXALhQiOfS

In fact if I go to the preview in that corner the printing will not have any support
https://img.bi/#/WJ32DMY!oxjzAAHeWoRg19 ... zKIf1AEtPN

How can I manage this without using a really high infill?

Thank you in advance
JoeJ
Posts: 1435
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:52 am

Re: Support for internal corners

Can you attach a factory file (File > Save Factory File)?

Using enough top solid layers will probably fix the problem regardless, but it's always useful to take a look at your exact setup

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”