Andy

Re: Tip of the Day 30 - Using 3DTouch, CubeX,CubePro and Rap

logic1208 wrote:@Andy

Heres the 1.10 V2 Firmware!

How do you want to downgrade?

Thanks Logic, i don't know how.
I will tri to give her a higher Number........ Lets see whats happend.

@miksane at my firmware 1.12A it works but the counter goes down, even if i take material lenght 0.001

Maybee some one have a tip to fix this Problem?
the_dude

rustel1972 wrote:
20150807_043346.jpg
hi the_dude, here is that nut and bolt pic. Yes my fff I set up for very small features, in abs, heated bed and .4 nozzle.. (cubexmachine) . the machine constantly work now! i have not adjusted the z hieght for 2 rolls of abs. no failures, support breaks away.
Thanks for the pic.. I'm so skeptical with this machine. Although your pic looks good I really want to look closely at the layers. Any chance you can mail me that model? I wouldn't mind paying you $10-20 for your time / trouble just to see it first hand and compare it to my other prints.
MichaelHerron

Andy wrote:

@miksane at my firmware 1.12A it works but the counter goes down, even if i take material lenght 0.001

This isn't a firmware issue. The counter will always go down. There is an encoder on the idler wheel of the extruder. It uses this to ensure that filament isn't jammed and to count how much filament is used. This way, it doesn't subtract the entire print job if you stop it in the middle.

The material length amount in the header is ONLY used to determine if it should START the print job. If that number exceeds what it thinks the amount left in the cartridge, then it wont allow the job to start.
The GOOD NEWS is that it apparently has to exceed the remainder by a certain amount. I've been printing on empty cartridges for a very long time now and it still allows them to start (and finish). To date, it has never stopped a job in the middle based on what it thinks is left in the cartridge.
rustel1972

hey the_dude our set ups are very different on the cubex. but since getting the new hoy end and this software. my printer had become a valuable tool it runs almost every day making functional parts for my work..I recommend getting the new hot end from hugues
Attachments
stereoscopic viewer
stereoscopic viewer
the_dude

rustel1972 wrote:hey the_dude our set ups are very different on the cubex. but since getting the new hoy end and this software. my printer had become a valuable tool it runs almost every day making functional parts for my work..I recommend getting the new hot end from hugues
I went ahead and ordered the HotEnd and Z-stopper you had suggested. I will check back in later on.

Thanks for all your help.
jschneider89

I am not able to print using the Simplify3D files with my CubePro that is on firmware 1.12A. Is anyone else able to do this?
Andy

MichaelHerron wrote:
Andy wrote:

This isn't a firmware issue. The counter will always go down. There is an encoder on the idler wheel of the extruder. It uses this to ensure that filament isn't jammed and to count how much filament is used. This way, it doesn't subtract the entire print job if you stop it in the middle.

The material length amount in the header is ONLY used to determine if it should START the print job. If that number exceeds what it thinks the amount left in the cartridge, then it wont allow the job to start.
The GOOD NEWS is that it apparently has to exceed the remainder by a certain amount. I've been printing on empty cartridges for a very long time now and it still allows them to start (and finish). To date, it has never stopped a job in the middle based on what it thinks is left in the cartridge.
Can you please tell me the trick? How it works?
MichaelHerron

The trick is to simply change the "Material Length" line in your startup script to ".001" or some other small number.
All of the profiles posted on this forum do this for you already.
Below is an example of the beginning of my startup script:

^Firmware:V1.10
^Minfirmware:V1.00
^DRM:000000000000
^PrinterModel:CUBEPRO
^MaterialCodeE1:214
^MaterialCodeE2:-1
^MaterialCodeE3:-1
^MaterialLengthE1: .01
^MaterialLengthE2: 0.000
^MaterialLengthE3: 0.000

Note that this is a single extruder print--multi extruder prints would have MaterialCodeE2 and/or E3 populated with the appropriate material code. 214 is natural PLA.

The actual material used doesn't really need to match this, but the material TYPE (pla or abs) must match what cartridges are loaded.
You don't actually have to print from the loaded cartridges, but the cartridges must match the material code--at least in material type.

Just FYI--i have 2 empty cartridges loaded internally in the machine so i never have to alter the material codes. I print from spools mounted above the printer. As long as your temperature and feedrates and other parameters are appropriate for the material you are printing with, the material identified in the startup script doesn't matter at all.
Andy

MichaelHerron wrote:The trick is to simply change the "Material Length" line in your startup script to ".001" or some other small number.
All of the profiles posted on this forum do this for you already.
Below is an example of the beginning of my startup script:

^MaterialCodeE1:214

Note that this is a single extruder print--multi extruder prints would have MaterialCodeE2 and/or E3 populated with the appropriate material code. 214 is natural PLA.

The actual material used doesn't really need to match this, but the material TYPE (pla or abs) must match what cartridges are loaded.
You don't actually have to print from the loaded cartridges, but the cartridges must match the material code--at least in material type.

Just FYI--i have 2 empty cartridges loaded internally in the machine so i never have to alter the material codes. I print from spools mounted above the printer. As long as your temperature and feedrates and other parameters are appropriate for the material you are printing with, the material identified in the startup script doesn't matter at all.

Thanks for the info, but that is exactly what I try all the time.
Can you give me maybe a test file?

My printer always writes ...... swap cartridge

That is my start script:

^MaterialCodeE1:259
^ModelHeight: 20.000
^LayerCount: 100
^LayerHeight:0.2
^Supports:-1
^Raft:-1
^Sidewalks:-1
^Density:Strong
^Pattern:Diamond
^Version:891
^Time:25

My Printer have the Firmware 1.12A
SLICE_FOR_FUN

Hello,

I guess you have to downgrade your firmware. I have 1.10/V2 and it is working (Try really small numbers like 0.00000000001 before).

I have a Cube Pro Trio and try to make it working with Simplify as well. I'm using the profiles posted here, but still got problems:

-before the print starts, while the extruders are in the parking position and heating up, there is a strange sound (knocking). I guess the temperature and extrusion rate are not correct. After this there is often a filament error... and the print doesn't start.

-If the print starts, qualitiy is bad, because the extrusion rate is to high

someone an idea?

keep on trying....

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”