mitchfx

Build Platform Off Center Using Rapide 200XL Profile?

For some reason any prints I prepare in S3D 3.0.1 and 3.0.2 using the included Rapide 3d 200XL profile are off they Y center by about 20mm. In the main working UI and the print preview the object is centered correctly but when I print everything is offset towards the rear of the bed. What is interesting is if I "preview gcode" of any of the included files that come with the 200XL they are offset about 20mm towards the FRONT of the bed in the S3D preview, which explains why they print centered.

Any ideas?
JoeJ

Re: Build Platform Off Center Using Rapide 200XL Profile?

Sounds like bad homing offsets to me. Here's an easy test - open the machine control panel and click Home All. Then type G1 X0 Y0 Z0 F3600 into the Communication tab and send that command. Where does the printer move to? Does it stay put or does it move 20mm forward?
mitchfx

I will try this when I get home. The more interesting point is that when I preview Gcode files (which came with the printer) they show in the S3D slicing preview as offset 20mm FORWARD on the plate. However when printed on the Rapide they are correctly centered.
JoeJ

Well I don't see any origin offsets in the 200XL profile, which means that if you preview a gcode file and it is positioned 20mm forward, then the coordinates in that gcode file are truly 20mm forward in the Y-direction. You can look at the coordinates in the file for yourself to verify this.

If the coordinates are truly 20mm forward of where you would expect the center to be, but the part still prints in the center, then I'm guessing they have incorrect homing offsets setup in the firmware. Perhaps they were trying to do a workaround for this problem by shifting all the gcode coordinates by a set amount (which you can also easily do in S3D if that is the case, but it should have been fixed in the firmware to begin with).

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”