bolsoncerrado

How do I switch between different Printers?

So say I have a Delta printer (rounded base) and I want to switch to a BQ WItbox (A4 base)...

How do I easy switch between them without exiting the software or messing all the software settings all the time?

A step by step would be great, really.

Thanks!
CompoundCarl

Re: How do I switch between different Printers?

Everything you need is stored in the profiles themselves. So just selecting a new profile will automatically adjust all settings for that machine. For example, if you go to Help --> Config Assistant and download the bq Witbox profile, it will configure everything for that printer.

The reason this happens is that the profiles allow you to override the printer and firmware settings. You can find those options on the G-Code tab. All of the stock S3D profiles have those enabled as far as I have seen, so when you switch between printers, everything is setup correctly. Really easy.
bolsoncerrado

I dont really find it that "easy" having to go every time to a wizard to select from a list eeeeeevery time i need to test, run, trial, error, repeat, print, reprint, retry, etc. for multiple machines in a maker environment...

Either a "macro" button to easy switch between machines or embed the machine profiles in the Factory "Process" settings would be much more "Practical" imho....
bolsoncerrado

Thanks for the reply, anyway ;)
CompoundCarl

bolsoncerrado wrote:I dont really find it that "easy" having to go every time to a wizard to select from a list eeeeeevery time i need to test, run, trial, error, repeat, print, reprint, retry, etc. for multiple machines in a maker environment...

Either a "macro" button to easy switch between machines or embed the machine profiles in the Factory "Process" settings would be much more "Practical" imho....
The machine settings are already embedded into the process! And you don't have to use the configuration assistant each time. In fact, you should only need to use it the very first time you use the software with a new printer. After that, you don't need to use it again since you already have the profile in your drop down list.

So I'll try to explain it again. Click "Edit Process Settings". Use the "Select Profile" drop down list at the top to select the machine that you care about. Then click on the G-Code tab. Do you see the settings for "Update machine definition" and "Update firmware configuration"? That's what allows you to embed the machine and firmware settings into the profile. So now, whenever you select this profile from the drop down list, those settings are automatically loaded. All of the S3D profiles already have these options included by default, so again, you don't need to use the configuration assistant to do this.
bolsoncerrado

OK thanks I'll give it a go once more, i'm not sure if i found it too logic still ;) but i'll get used to it,., THanks once more.
ThingEngineer

I came here looking for the same answer, thank you CompoundCarl. I knew the profiles overrode the base settings but did not realize that was the actual mechanism used to switch between machines.

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”