roachbug
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:29 am

Heat up extruder after the starting gcode

Hi

I am new to SIMPLIFY3D, and I am using a deltabot "ATOM 2.0" with Kisslicer previously.
Is it possible to heat up the extruder AFTER the starting gcode?
Because I have a G29 in the starting gcode and I don't want to calibrate the bed with a oozing nozzle.

Thank you!

roachbug
CompoundCarl
Posts: 2005
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:23 am

Re: Heat up extruder after the starting gcode

If you use the variables [extruder0_temperature] or [bed0_temperature] in your starting script, then you can control where the heatup commands are placed (i.e. the software won't add them automatically at the top of the file). So it might look something like this:

Code: Select all

G28
G29
M140 S[bed0_temperature] ; start heating bed
M104 S[extruder0_temperature] T0 ; start heating extruder
M109 S[extruder0_temperature] T0 ; wait for extruder to reach temp
M190 S[bed0_temperature] ; wait for bed to reach temp
Note that you replace 0 in extruder0_temperature with the correct temperature controller identifier for your extruder (i.e. T0, T1 etc), but usually it's 0, so maybe you can just use it as is :D

There's more info about this type of stuff here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1959
roachbug
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:29 am

Re: Heat up extruder after the starting gcode

Thank you for your help, it works well for me. :D

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”