22MIL2DAY

printer runs off print bed and extrudes filament

Very odd behavior just started happening. At the start of each print the hot tip runs off the print bed and extrudes fillament in what appears to be a priming function. The problem is I did not program this (not knowingly) and yet it is doing it. Please see attached photo the right side is where it ran off the print bed and extruded filament.
Attachments
extrude.JPG
Aha

Re: printer runs off print bed and extrudes filament

Is that during the print or Pre printing? I know my printer had been trying to home (different type) and doing what you mention, but only at the start, never during a print. Well to be more accurate, my printer tries to kill itself by smashing through all axis when trying to home... But that's only at the start, never after it's gotten on the bed.
22MIL2DAY

It does it at the start of the print but the thing is I have never had that happen before and I have not knowingly changed any settings. I have also been having problems with blobs.
jimc

22mil.....it has always done it. maybe you have never noticed before but thats normal procedure before any print takes place
dalew8abz
Location: Cleveland Heights, Ohio USA (4 mi. from MakerGear HQ!)

Hmmm. I know the M2 example files on the SD card have the "wipe at the beginning" sequence. I always wanted my files from Creator to do that, and they only did after I specifically added a "wipe" sequence to the Start G-code. (I think it's on the misc. tab...). I took ketil's starting and ending G-code adders that he posted here some time ago as my basis and tweaked from there.

Now the way my start G-code works (and it's executed after the machine homes and the temperatures stabilize) is to move Y to about 30 to get around the binder clips holding the glass on my M2, move X over to just past the right edge, extrude some filament, then go back to X=0. There my custom start G-code ends and the G-code from the slicer takes over.

For my custom end G-code, I turn off the heaters, move Z +20mm relative to drop the bed a bit, back out the filament (-50mm extrude), move Y to about 50, then slowly move X back and forth between 25 and 175, with the 50mm fan at about 180(/255), for about a minute to cool the part. Then I move Y to about 230 to "present" the part and turn off the fans and motors (at which point the bed drops). This works great for unattended prints -- leaves everything cool and the filament ready to pop back in the bag with the desiccant.

Sounds like you may have imported somebody's .FFF file or loaded somebody's .factory file, then saved the .FFF -- which it uses next time, I think.

I keep copies of my start and end G-code in a text file on the desktop, just in case I need to recover them.
Hope this helps.
Dale
jimc

Mine has always done it from day one. It was built into the m2 presets that came with creator
22MIL2DAY

Thank you very much, your right, I never noticed the movement but now that you mention it I see it in the code.
I just put in my numbers to get around the clamps as I had moved them for this specific print and now all is well. Thanks again and yes that is a great sequence to prime & pressurize the hot tip.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”