tanemahuta
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:26 pm

K8400 prints with offset

Hi,

I've encountered a few problems when printing the sliced models on my K8400.
First of all, I needed to increase the infill extrusion width to 150% since 100% resulted in unconnected infills.
A second problem, I have not been able to solve yet, is that the prints come out with an offset on the build plate.
I think this results in the build plate having unprintable areas.
Any method how to measure the offsets correctly in an easy way?
Is S3D planning to integrate those optimizations into the Default Profile of the K8400?

Best regards,
Christian
JoeJ
Posts: 1435
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:52 am

Re: K8400 prints with offset

Here's an easy test. Go to the Machine Control Panel and send a G28 command to home all axes. Then send G1 X0 Y0 Z0 F3000. Does the print head stay put or does it move to the corner of your bed? If it stays put, then you need to update your firmware's homing offsets, since clearly the homing position does not correspond with the zero position of your print bed. It the head stays put though, then you just need to adjust the build volume which is easy to do.

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”