curious aardvark
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:02 am

dual extrusion 'wall' does not work - probably me

So i'm currently using makerware desktop for my dual extrusion prints.

The purgewall does a great job of cleaning up leaky heads (rep dual clones) and keeping the print clean.

I thought with version 3, s3d had implemented a similiar device.

I followed the dual extrusion wizard, ticked all the boxes i could see to tick and tried a dual extrusion print.
No wipe barrier appeared until the second layer, by which time I had filament printed by both heads and no way in hell could the print ever work.

Is it me, or is the dual extrusion wizard still totally useless ?

I have figured out how to edit the makerware profile with notepad. So I can at least now print dual extrusion prints with a decent first layer speed.

But I would prefer to use s3d.
Any help would be appreciated :-)
DrUsual
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:02 am

Re: dual extrusion 'wall' does not work - probably me

Hey CA, nice to see you here. I'm actually have a similar problem -- I assume you're using either the ooze shield or the prime pillar for this?

I'm trying to use the ooze shield and finding the same issue you're reporting. The first layer of the ooze shield doesn't print, so the ooze shield is loose by the second pass and starts getting dragged through my print.

I've tried switching to two outlines on the shield, but same issue.
billyd
Posts: 279
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:13 pm

Re: dual extrusion 'wall' does not work - probably me

I've got S3D working with a dual extruder. The wizard just groups the processes and does a little housework for you. I like it but you do have to get the settings right. And of course if you have different settings for each reel, you'll have to ungroup the processes anyway so from that standpoint it's a little less helpful, but still isn't what I would call worthless.

My guess is you are printing the ooze wall with one extruder. Use both and then it is less likely to be a problem. It also has the added advantage of priming the extruders as the get activated for a given layer.
CompoundCarl
Posts: 2005
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:23 am

Re: dual extrusion 'wall' does not work - probably me

Working fine for me. Done at least 20 dual extrusion prints with it that all worked great. Didn't have to touch a single setting - the assistant did everything for me.

Why don't you post a factory file if you've having trouble with a specific setup?

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”