goldengraham2

How to set Temperature in FFF settings

Could anyone help explain to me How to set the temperature in the FFF settings please? I've been struggling for a few days, and I'm sure it must be simple. The think the layout of the interface has me a bit confused about the sequence of choices. Do I pick a temperature identifier first, then 'Add Temperature", eg T0 or T1, then add a value to the Pre-Layer Temperature Set Points? A step by step explanation would be super helpful :)

All I want to do is set:

Extruder = 205 degrees
Bed = 65 degrees

Thank you!

graham
Clayton

Re: How to set Temperature in FFF settings

Hi Graham,

The "Add Temperature" button will actually add an entirely new temperature controller. So for example, you would use that button if you just added a new heated build platform to your printer and now you need additional control for that heater. However, I have a feeling that's not what you're looking for.

It sounds like all you want to change is the temperature setpoints for your extruder and heated bed. This will use the "Add Setpoint" and "Remove Setpoint" buttons. Let's start with the extruder. I'm guessing you have 2 temperature controllers in the list to the left. Hopefully they are called something obvious like "Extruder" and "Heated Bed". To edit the extruder settings, just select "Extruder" from the left list.

Once you have the extruder selected, the first thing I would do is select any other Layer/Temperature setpoints that are already in your setpoint list and click "Remove Setpoint". After the setpoint list is empty, you can enter the new temperature you want and click "Add Setpoint". If you want to use the same temperature for the entire build, just change the setpoint layer to 1. You could also have multiple temperature setpoints that activate at different layers if you ever wanted to.

Then all you have to do is repeat this process for the heated bed.

Hopefully that was helpful!
goldengraham2

Thanks Clayton,

I was up till 2am last night trying to figure this one out, and seem to have struck the solution before reading your email. What I discovered was that T1 refers to the Bed Temperature ('This is a Heated Platform" needs to be checked), while T2 refers to the extruder temperature. Adding a setpoint in the menu (on the right) to the highlighted Temperature Control (on the left) - either Extruder or Bed, did the trick. I just had to make sure I picked a Temperature Identifier from the list of 4.

I think that's basically what you recommended, only it seems that each temperature needs a 'Temperature Identifier' specifying.

Thanks for your advice!

:D
goldengraham2

Hmm, I thought I had cracked this one, but somehow those values aren't being saved now.
Gonna re-read your instructions and fix this before putting on my face paint :)
SPEED

What is FFF ?
Can someone tell me how to set the temperature in Simplify3D???

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”