CPUWiz

USB Print Jobs hangs after upgrade to OS 10.11.1

I never had a problem using USB printing until upgrading to El Capitan from Yosemite. Now the first print job prints fine and after that I have to click disconnect and then reconnect and then select USB printing to prevent print job from hanging. The job always hangs checking the print bed temp or extruder temp. Print job never hangs after doing the disconnect/reconnect workaround.
Umpa

Re: USB Print Jobs hangs after upgrade to OS 10.11.1

Whilst I have not had that specific problem, I am still having issues where if I blank my monitor (iMac) S3D will stop printing over USB after a few mins, leaving the extruder to burn on the print. Then it will start printing again - then stop etc. I don't have problems with Makerware. I think its a GPX issue.
ABSolutely

While I have no problems now, I did have problems early on after oxs upgrade and discovered (by Googling it) that ElCapitan has wifi/bluetooth problems. There are recommended things to do to fix it…

Also, probably not your problem but I suggest setting the Cache size and Communication Time Out, in S3d>Tools>Firmware>Communication panel (I set my cache to 1023 and timeout to 90 sec's. Be sure to export/save your process.

Also, be sure to check the box in OSX Pref’s>Energy Saver> to Wake for Network Access

Lastly, if the problem doesn't go away, try saving the Gcode and (depending on your printer) printing from the saved gcode (so s3d won't need to communicate during the print)...
jeanluc

same here, print keeps hanging all the time when printing via usb (didn't try SD card printing yet).
It is very annoying and is burning the print while hanging up.
Capture-JLF- 2015-11-11 à 12.00.15.jpg
jeanluc

this is the monitor window, it looks like a buffer problem to me :
Capture-JLF- 2015-11-11 à 12.28.28.jpg
JoeJ

If you're getting those annoying "wait" commands, there's an easy fix that I did. Just edit the Configuration.h file for your firmware (which I'm guessing is Repetier) and comment out the following 2 lines:
//#define ACK_WITH_LINENUMBER
//#define WAITING_IDENTIFIER "wait"

They also recommend doing that here: https://github.com/repetier/Repetier-Fi ... stallation

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”