wfcook

BUG: DIaphragm prints at same angle as adjacent layer(s)

There is a bug which causes a diaphragm solid infill layer to print with the same alignment as the adjacent infill layers. The diaphragm should continue to alternate with the infill angles.

When using these settings:

The consecutive layers look like this:

JoeJ

Re: BUG: DIaphragm prints at same angle as adjacent layer(s)

You can choose the order yourself in the software. With some of the infill patterns, I want the first infill layer to be aligned with the solid layer, so I'm glad it's an option. You don't always want them to be opposing.

Go to the Infill tab and you can change the angle however you want. For example, if it was +45,-45, change it to -45,+45 and it will be in the direction you want.
wfcook

Re: BUG: DIaphragm prints at same angle as adjacent layer(s)

JoeJ wrote:You can choose the order yourself in the software. With some of the infill patterns, I want the first infill layer to be aligned with the solid layer, so I'm glad it's an option. You don't always want them to be opposing.

Go to the Infill tab and you can change the angle however you want. For example, if it was +45,-45, change it to -45,+45 and it will be in the direction you want.
That only works if the diaphragm spacing is a multiple of the number of infill angles. Either way, I find it irritating that the diaphragm is always at that same angle. Why not use the same algorithm for choosing the diaphragm angle that is used for exterior infill? Why does the default lead to this problem if the diaphragm spacing is an even number of layers?

S3D shouldn't put a solid infill layer at the same angle as the previous infill layer, and it wouldn't be a difficult piece of logic to insert.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”