synteny

Custom delta printer calibration and bed leveling questions.

Hi,
I've been using this software for a while now and really loving it. All is/was good with Rostock Max V2 (delta) printer but I now changed my hot end to an E3D V6 which changed the height of things. I also am making one custom printer and a second from a kit I bought for rostock mini. https://www.dropbox.com/s/ec1jp10sii4xg ... n.pdf?dl=0

I couldn't for the life of me get decent enough control through the bed leveling and getting the dimensions correct for everything.

After a lot of searching and reading I realized the manual and auto bed leveling features don't work on Deltas to begin with. In addition the x,y,z machine control motions weren't useful for Z.

For the Rostock Mini all the motors respond and I can home and control them via nob the issue is fine control and levelling.

Could you please provide the simplest or best procedure for calibrating a brand new custom printer with Simplify3d. Since I paid for this I would really hate to have to use Repetier (link above provides like 20+ pages of Repetier calibration) but looking around the forum and the software I'm not finding any tools to simplify measuring height and leveling systematically for a delta.

Also for my existing Rostock V2 how do I make changes for the new height of nozzle?

Thanks and I hope there are solutions to this problem. I don't mind providing my configs to others either.

David
JoeJ

Re: Custom delta printer calibration and bed leveling questi

I have a few deltas and the XYZ machine control panel motions work fine for it. For example, homing and jogging both work fine. Why are you saying those don't work for you?

And for adjusting and calibrating the nozzle height, usually the only variable you need to adjust is the height of the nozzle away from the bed after homing. On Repetier firmware, this is called Z_MAX_LENGTH and can be found in the Configuration.h file (on Marlin, it's called Z_HOME_POS).
synteny

Re: Custom delta printer calibration and bed leveling questi

@joel Thanks for the response. Can you take me through your procedure? For us we measured our Z to hot end X,Y diameter and started then. But that widely overshot. so I halved everything assuming maybe radius and z-height too. That got us inside the radius but way too tiny.

It would be great if I could do how I did on my other software somehow. Zero with G28 then measure down with the machine X, Y, Z from there then put those values somewhere then calibrate at different locations for leveling and sheet of paper. This way I can use the sheet of paper.

Somehow It either wasn't intuitive or we couldn't get it to work or figure it out.

It's probably a super basic and stupid question but I hope to solve this soon and get these guys working :)

David

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”