Joules

Re: 3D Mouse

Another +1

I have a Spacepilot and have programmed some of the buttons with short cuts for Simplify3D
jjlink

Re: Feature Request: Provide support for 3D Mouse

1+
Felix 3.0 printer w/the Prometheus system, Eclipse3D v1.1 & v2.1, Moai SLA 3D printer.
emmynona

Please Simplify team, provide a 3dconnexion mouse support. It would SIMPLIFY our workflow a lot!
K. Hendrik

I'd also like to see this feature. I know that freecad uses spacenavd for this functionality.
See: http://spacenav.sourceforge.net/
MasterFX

It seems like it is only a thing of a config xml file in C:\Program Files\3Dconnexion\3DxWare\3DxWinCore64\Cfg. I already tried to generate one for the Simplify3D.exe but it doesn't seem to work. If anyone have an idea howto generate a cfg...
Joules

OK, had a bit of play time and managed to program the Space Pilot as a 2D mouse. Well it's a start. I can pitch and spin, however the spin is inverted and so far I haven't found how to invert the rotation in spin. Another feature worth programming onto a button is default view, on the Mac that is ⌘ 1

These are the initial settings I am playing with, even with the inverted rotation my space mouse hand now has a purpose and at least I get a response when I reach for it, unlike the months I have subconsciously gone for it and been frustrated.

Anyway, hope this gives others the nudge to discover more than me and progress this further.

p.s The above, only the green axis are mouse enabled, the blue axis cause me too many issues whilst trying to program them.
niocio01

+1
CompoundCarl

Read the post right above yours. You can already setup a config file for Simplify3D so that the Connexion software can control the view using the 3D mouse.
martinkopplow

Karl_Williams wrote: I use the 3Dconenexion Space navigator with SolidWorks and find myself grabbing for it in S3D out of habit.
Just the same here, only with Ansys Spaceclaim. I have the space navigator and the space traveller, and I find myself reaching out for them as soon as I want to rotate a model. Even FreeCAD is supporting 3DConnexion spacemice on Linux theses days.
davedelay

DaveDelay also uses a Space Navigator. Had it for about 3 years at home and about 10 at work. It would be nice to have support for it.

Return to “Feature Requests”