airlid

Re: File extension

CompoundCarl wrote:Their stock profile saves as .g3drem. I'm using it right now. If you modified their stock profile, it's possible you changed that, so that's why I recommended re-downloading it.

One other thing to note - when you click "Save Toolpaths to Disk", it may prompt you with a name that ends in .gcode, but it will get automatically converted to a .g3drem when you actually save it. This is the same with many other file formats too. Some even export both the .gcode file along with the final file format so that you can keep both for reference (this is mostly used for binary files, since the final binary file is pretty much unreadable).
This behavior is odd and inconsistent. Sometimes it saves as .g3drem and sometimes .gcode . If I try to send a .gcode file to the printer I get the error message "This printer does not support plain text gcode files"
airlid

CompoundCarl wrote:The dreamer reads .gcode and .g, You can save either one, there's no difference.

If it's really bugging you, just put the following line in your "additional commands for post-processing" script:

Code: Select all

{EXTENSION "g"}
Where would one find this script to edit?
andcorptech

CompoundCarl wrote:The dreamer reads .gcode and .g, You can save either one, there's no difference.

If it's really bugging you, just put the following line in your "additional commands for post-processing" script:

{EXTENSION "g"}

Thanks for that tip....an FYI though my dreamer doesn't recognize the .gcode files on the SD card. It will not see them unless I change it to .g Im not sure if this is something that has changed recently but its been that way ever since i got S3D back in November. I will however make the post processing change....its something which its really trivial in the whole scheme of things, but when your processing a batch of files to the SD and move them to the printer, then realise you missed one, its a pain.
BaudR8

airlid wrote:

{EXTENSION "g"}
Where would one find this script to edit?
This is a command you put into the Post Processing box in the scripts tab

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”