endymion

Replicator 2X profiles

I've been using Simplify3D for about a week and so far i didn't achieve decent prints with the built in profile,
would anyone who uses it with a Replicator 2X mind sharing his profiles?
Nextgen3D

Re: Replicator 2X profiles

Hi endymion,

This my default ABS 0.2mm Layer height profile for the right extruder. It's based on Enginewiz's Replicator 2 profile and works great.

You may need to fine tune it to suit your filament diameter etc.

Let us know how you get on,

Steve
Attachments
"Spoke Goblet" printed with this profile
"Spoke Goblet" printed with this profile
ABS_0.2mm_RightExtruder.fff
(3.6 KiB) Downloaded 905 times
endymion

Thanks Steve!
It prints MUCH better than it did with the stock profile.
which parameters should i change in order to fix the holes and stringiness of the upper layer? am i not extruding enough?
Also the prints are very brittle in compare to prints i get from makerware.

Nextgen3D

Hi endymion,

Sorry for taking so long to get back.

I thought it would be easier to do a video to show you how I have been going about fine tuning the profiles.

I hope it helps, let us know how you get on.

Steve

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJZtzxqPGAk
dalew8abz
Location: Cleveland Heights, Ohio USA (4 mi. from MakerGear HQ!)

NG3D,

YouTube says "Sorry, that video is private." (I assume it will tell endymion the same thing.)

For endymion: Sorry I didn't chime in back when you originally posted. I've been doing a bunch of tuning myself lately, using the MAKE Magazine Torture Test object, and I'm getting a better feeling for the settings and their sensitivity. Looking at the photo of your part, I'd suggest increasing the Extrusion Multiplier, especially if NG3D's FFF profile has reduced from Creator's default value for the Rep2X. Once the layers fill in pretty well, start using the retraction and coast settings to get rid of blobs and stringing (by increasing them) or to get circles to complete (by reducing them).

Dale
Nextgen3D wrote:Hi endymion,
Sorry for taking so long to get back.
I thought it would be easier to do a video to show you how I have been going about fine tuning the profiles.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJZtzxqPGAk
Nextgen3D

Sorry about that guys... rushing... it should work now. :oops:

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=zJZtzxqPGAk

Also I forgot to upload the cub... see attached

Dales advice would would works as well, just take care not to increase the multiplier too high. This would cause too plastic to extrude and raise the height of the plastic layer above your layer height. This would cause would extruder tip to catch or drag an subsequent layers. It also gets worse with more layers.... it's hard to explain.
Attachments
20mm_cube.factory
(1.92 KiB) Downloaded 498 times
endymion

Thank you so much for taking the time and making the video, I downloaded it and watched it about a dozen times.
My prints are way more rigid and clean, but i'm still trying to find that sweet spot between all those settings for a blob free solid surface.
I'll post my results.

Thank you guys for sharing your experience,
Endymion.

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”