pikelo

Dual Extruder offset and temperatures

Hello guys, I just wondered about two features/issues while trying to print two colours, same material (PLA) with a dual extruder (E3Dv6) with an offset on X-axis of 26mm.

1) Once I tried to set the offset of 26mm under "Edit process settings" --> G-Code tag:
Toolhead offsets: Tool 0 --> X=0, Y=0
Toolhead offsets: Tool 1 --> X=26, Y=0

the generated G-Code file make the second colour 26mm apart on right side of what it should be (over the first colour printed). How should I configure it?

2) As known, ooze when using two extruders can be minimized dropping temperature of the not-used hotend, while the other one is printing. Is there any feature of this temperature drop?

Many thanks!!
CompoundCarl

Re: Dual Extruder offset and temperatures

You should be specifying the toolhead offsets in the firmware. So edit your firmware so that it has the correct offsets, and then disable the options that says "apply toolhead offsets to Gcode coordinates" in S3D.

You can also set whatever temperatures that you want for the extruder on the Layer tab. For example a temperature of 190C at layer 1, then switch to 100C at layer 500.
pikelo

Thanks, I'll modify the firmware then.

About temperatures, if I set like this:

Layer -- Temperature
1 205
2 195

Does it mean it'll print first layer at 205ºC and the rest of layers at 195º?

Said this, how could I manage to drop down the hotend not used temperature? Do I need to calculate which layer it stop printing?

Regards
MHC

Hi Pikelo,

It is possible to add script commands to change the temperature of the extruders based on the active tool. The information is part of this thread: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1959.

Regards,

Mark
CompoundCarl

pikelo wrote:if I set like this:

Layer -- Temperature
1 205
2 195

Does it mean it'll print first layer at 205ºC and the rest of layers at 195º?
Yes, that's correct
pikelo wrote:Said this, how could I manage to drop down the hotend not used temperature? Do I need to calculate which layer it stop printing?
Yes, you can use the previewer in layer mode to find what layer you want to lower the temperature.
Creative3D

CompoundCarl wrote:You should be specifying the toolhead offsets in the firmware. So edit your firmware so that it has the correct offsets, and then disable the options that says "apply toolhead offsets to Gcode coordinates" in S3D.

You can also set whatever temperatures that you want for the extruder on the Layer tab. For example a temperature of 190C at layer 1, then switch to 100C at layer 500.

How did you get to update your firmware? We have a Creatbot Printer, where we are not able to use Simplify3d as its now way to get the correct offset for nozzle 2 and 3,.
Works fine with other Slicer softwares. But the settings in Simplify is just not able to make any changes
brian442

If you're having trouble with toolhead offsets, read this:
https://www.simplify3d.com/support/faq/#faq-4709

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”