bapro

Free gcode editor

For those who are interested in editing the g-code.
Here is a free software. ( It´s for cnc-machine code but it works just fine for printers to.)
http://nc-corrector.inf.ua/index_EN.htm
3Drasle

Re: Free gcode editor

Not bad

Thank You !
/Michael, Denmark
avluis

This is neat - I can picture being able to create my own startup, wipe, anchor and print routine much easier with this.
Thanks for sharing.
DForbes

Great find, wish the folks at Simplify could add this, this helped me fix a problem I have been working on for a few days now!

Thanks again,

Dennis
bbinnard

I tried it on a 4.8MB Gcode file and it was hideously slow to complete loading /displaying the file. And this is on a Win10 3GHz i7 system. I gave up trying to do anything because every time I tried to do anything it went into "Not responding" state.
tenaja

Notepad++ works pretty well for large files. It will load a 27MB file and apply syntax highlighting in 3 seconds on my old Core i5 laptop.
glsf91

Thanks for the tip.
darebee

I haven't used the 1 listed by the OP but have been using NC Plot free for many years
andcorptech

bbinnard wrote:I tried it on a 4.8MB Gcode file and it was hideously slow to complete loading /displaying the file. And this is on a Win10 3GHz i7 system. I gave up trying to do anything because every time I tried to do anything it went into "Not responding" state.
I tried it on a 5MB Gcode file and it worked fine, really fast actually. Im only running an i5 Win7 System, but have SSD's and GTX680 GFX card so not sure if that made a difference but it works a treat for me.

I do like that you can step through the gcode to graphically see what its doing on a particular line.
bapro

bbinnard wrote:I tried it on a 4.8MB Gcode file and it was hideously slow to complete loading /displaying the file. And this is on a Win10 3GHz i7 system. I gave up trying to do anything because every time I tried to do anything it went into "Not responding" state.
This and many similar older software will not work so well in Windows 10. You can change some graphic settings windows so it will be better but unfortunately, 5-10 times slower than in Windows 7. Drive it in compatibility mode for Windows 7 and I think it will be better.

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”