Karl_Williams

Estimated print time remaining display feature request

I would like to request to have an estimated print time remaining display in hours, minutes and seconds beside the percentage finished bar. It would be nice to see the original estimate and then see it counting down as the job progresses.
Karl_Williams

Re: Estimated print time remaining display feature request

Is there any chance of getting a g-code editor window as well?

I finally got a chance to use Creator to slice and then print a couple of things on the mendel and it's looking great! I'm used to using skeinforge for slicing so the speed increase with Creator is awesome.

Karl
Simplify3D
Site Admin

Karl, you may already know this, but each .gcode file has an estimate for the total build time at the bottom of the file. We will look at maybe parsing that information at run-time and using it to predict build time remaining, but that at least gives you a way to make an estimate right now.

And we actually had a G-Code editor in the program at one point, but it had a tendency to be very slow with extremely large G-Code files. Try to open a 30MB text file in notepad and you'll see what I mean :D Speed is a big part of the pleasant experience using the Creator software so we're trying to keep that a priority.
mir4k

I'd like to double the desire to see the estimated time (Do not need a countdown personally if the estimation is kind of close) ...but I did not know that the info is in the g-file, so thanks :)

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”