jimmynz

Bed Leveling not working Properly in 2.01

Hi,
I have installed 2.01 and everything seems to be going ok except that the bed leveling wizard is playing up. When you click begin leveling it zeros on the end stops then goes to the corner and touches the first point correctly , but when you push next it goes up and moves to the next x-y coordinate but then doesn't bring the bed up to test it. Hitting next again does the same thing, moves the x-y coordinate but doesn't move the z. I am using a Makergear M2 (purchased around the middle of the year). Running it on Vista 64x (horrid I know) the previous version works fine 1.1.5. I tried quitting and restarting, disconnect, reconnect with no change. Do i need a firmware upgrade or anything like that? Will have a bit more of a fiddle when this print finish and also try it on my mac. Any pointers would be great though?
Cheers
Jimmy
jimc

Re: Bed Leveling not working Properly in 2.01

Now its been a few months since i used the wizard but i remember it homing the x,y and z then from there it only shuffled the x and y around to the different corners. I could be wrong but i dont remember it dropping the z between moves. Just goin from memory here
Outbound

I've noticed the same problem today. First time using the wizard since the upgrade. I can still use the home z-axis button but the older method was more convenient.
javamonkey

Yes, I've seen similar behavior with 2.01 on a LeapFrog Creatr trying to use the bed leveling wizard. As reported in the Machine Control Panel, the first move goes to all axis' zero position, then it moves to 10,10, 10.1 (X,Y,Z) then 220, 250, 10.1, then 220, 10, 10.1, etc.

I tried fiddling around with the settings in the wizard, but to no avail. It would be interesting to see if this affects all printers the same way, or if it is only a particular type/class that are affected. In any case, it would have been a helpful tool, I hope there is a fix in the works.
Clayton

Just to update everyone on this - the team is aware of the issue with the bed leveling wizard and it has actually already been fixed in preparation for the next software update. Thank you for the report!
ebola5114

I came here with the same issue (MakerGear M2 purchased on August 2013 , Windows 8 x64, last Creator vertion)

I have a little tool to measure heigh taht come with a Router CNC machine.
I had to set it to 10mm heigh and on Creator set 5mm heigh separation on the options, in that way, for some reason after the nozzle touches the first point correctly then Creator duplicates the value twice when the nozzle moves to the next x-y coordinate... so finally I came with 10mm total heigh separation and I could level the bed correctly.

Good luck for the team to fix it !
javamonkey

Well, its been close to 6 months since this issue was logged- as of Jan 9 2014, Clayton indicated that the issue was acknowledged and a fix was going to be in the next release.

So how 'bout it Simplify team - this seems like it should be a pretty simple issue to fix - give us an ETA on the upcoming release that fixes this issue.
JoeJ

This was fixed awhile ago.

Check the changelog
http://www.simplify3d.com/software/changelog/

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”