GregFisk25

Re: Slow down for small loops?

Since you are able to do this, can you share exactly how you did it please?
Most of my parts have small curves and it is making this slicer basically useless.
If you wrote a c++ program, could you maybe share it?

Thanks heaps.
Vasily

+1
Wanhao Duplicator 4X DH
CT4

Thank you for posting this as a newbie I do not understand G Code. A couple of questions.
Setting the minimun length value. is this the diameter of the circle ot bend you are trying to slow down?
Once you have the new G code how do you convert it to X3G. I know this is really basic stuff but I get a bit lost with it.
Thanks
Nextgen3D

+1 I often experience this problem
CT4

DarthRaven
Thank you for you reply.
!st question line segment I understand.
Sorry I am getting on a bit and not too computer literate
2nd part you have lost me with the command line. Is this the box in S3D under scripts/ tag/starting script/additional terminal commands for post processing or is it a windows thing?
Thanks again for your help
Jake

Re: Slow down for sp

Just wanted to bump this thread again. After fighting with this for a while, and trying the "SlowDownForSmallLoops" app, I finally gave up. (It wasn't the app, it was my part. Couldn't find a threshold that would work for the small circles without also affecting smaller straight perimeters)

Sadly, I just had to go back to MakerWare for one time only (shudder) because the number and size of the small circles was causing the machine to violently... shudder. I was missing steps and the print would shift. The dynamic speed thing in Makerware seems to have fixed the issue.

I emailed in a feature request to S3D for this as well. Would love to see this built in to a future S3D version!
gotspleen

+1
SpeedX

Speed Setting for small Circles

Hello Simplify3D,

first of all big thanks for the excellent work you do :) I really like your software.

One feature that would make a lot of us very happy as we often print small circles, wholes, screwholes etc.

Please add a speed setting for small circles
Speed % and adjustable circle size for which the speed is slowed down.
And also a special circle wipe oozing setting to avoid ooze marks inside the circle like they now often happen.

For circles you generally seem to use a high infill speed and therefore the quality of printed circles is often very poor.
Also then the infill does not perfectly touch the circle.

Big thanks

SpeedX
CompoundCarl

Re: Speed Setting for small Circles

Circles actually use the perimeter speed that you define on the other tab (not the infill speed). So they would be printed at the same speed as small exterior perimeters. If you are having trouble with these perimeters printing too fast, I would decrease your "outline underspeed" value.
Zapperke

Re: Speed Setting for small Circles

Slic3r has a "small perimeter" feature.
I would like to have this in S3D to, because S3D is so much better.

Return to “Feature Requests”