CompoundCarl wrote:I would try the following
- decrease support pillar resolution
- increase support infill percentage
- maybe even try a few layers of dense support if you are really having trouble with the upper material not sticking to the supports (video explaining this here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koCVOsRA6Bc)
- decrease your outline underspeed since that will help the upper material stick better
- finally, could also decrease the upper separation layers if all of the above still aren't helping
Many thanks for the quick response.
I had already reduced the pillar resolution to 3mm as @ 4mm it did not even support 50% of the overhangs?
After watching the video I've gone straight to dense support for the last 3 layers as I feel it offers a better chance of success.
I'll see how this next attempt fares before I look to reduce the speed.
***UPDATE*** the last attempt based on the above mods was much better but I think I witnessed the probable cause of the 'failing support' during this print. I'm using ABS and I believe I had a slight case of warping on these first few layers. With the earlier settings that had less support under them this part was probably more likely to become separated and appear as the part not sticking when it's more likely a case of the limited support not being able to hang onto the part under the stresses of warping.
In addition to the earlier modified support settings I'm upping the bed and extruder temps in the hope that this will prevent the warping and thereby give me a pukka part.