nmcafee
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:24 am

FF Creator Pro first purge line off the printbed

My FlashForge Creator Pro starts each print with a purge line at the front edge of the platform. It starts the purge line at the far right edge of the cabinet, not the edge of the platform. I end up with about 3" of filament dangling off the platform. 2 questions:

1) Anything I can change to get the purge line to only print on the platform.
2) What terms should I have searched to find this (am trying to learn the right lingo)

Thanks,
CompoundCarl
Posts: 2005
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:23 am

Re: FF Creator Pro first purge line off the printbed

Just edit the starting script. All of the movements that the printer does at the start at listed in the starting script.

If you want to change where it moves, look for the G1 commands with X/Y/Z parameters. If you want to change how much it extrudes, look for the G1 commands with an parameter.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”