JasonA

How to slow down the X/Y printing during fill?- SOLVED

It seems that during fill, rect or oct, the rate is SUPER HIGH and causes the bed to shake and the whole machine :shock: (this is on a FFCP which is a pretty solid unit)

One post on the FFCP forums mentioned to "slow down your X/Y fill and speed rates"... but the only thing I can find in S3D is the "non fill X/Y rates"

Is this correct?

Thanks!
Last edited by JasonA on Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
2012 10kw Dual LQ cooled Brusa powered Leaf "Astro"
10kw Enphase System,SolarWorld Panels, QuickMountPV- ALL USA!! + 3kw SW panels string tie.
I fly drones and R/C.
2014 Rav4 "SuperRav" JdeMO - 2015 Tesla 70d (Model 3 on deposit) 8-)
KC_703

Re: Is there a way to slow down the X/Y printing during fill

Have you tried the "Solid Infill Underspeed" setting? It may not help with shake when filling in walls...
dkightley

S3D uses one setting as the "default" printing speed....and then bases all other printing speeds as a percentage of that speed.

The "default" printing I believe is the infill speed....so to slow down the infill speed, you just need to adjust the default speed. You may then need to increase all of the other speed percentages to compensate for the lower overall speed.
Doug Kightley
Volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
Railway modeller and webmaster at http://www.talkingtgauge.net
wfcook

I sure wish I could just set the speeds directly instead of having them all be relative to the infill speed.
JasonA

Yeah, I'm used to RepG's speed of 40-90 "mm/sec" :? so when I translated that over to S3D... I kinda bonked that up :roll: DUH!

So I'm trying 2400mm/min rate (60mm/sec) and leaving everything on 100% and dialing down from there for what I need.

Ultimately I think I need to do the Z wobble bed upgrades to the FFCP because I can see the slop during moves. Something my "Woody" has no issues with.

Thanks for the tips! I'll post a pic here in a bit
10kw Enphase System,SolarWorld Panels, QuickMountPV- ALL USA!! + 3kw SW panels string tie.
I fly drones and R/C.
KC_703

wfcook wrote:I sure wish I could just set the speeds directly instead of having them all be relative to the infill speed.
Just a little math... default speed * percentage = actual speed. :) Or desired speed / default speed = percentage

JasonA wrote:Yeah, I'm used to RepG's speed of 40-90 "mm/sec" :? so when I translated that over to S3D... I kinda bonked that up :roll: DUH!

So I'm trying 2400mm/min rate (60mm/sec) and leaving everything on 100% and dialing down from there for what I need.

Ultimately I think I need to do the Z wobble bed upgrades to the FFCP because I can see the slop during moves. Something my "Woody" has no issues with.

Thanks for the tips! I'll post a pic here in a bit
If you want to use mm/s, look in Tools -> Options... change from mm/min to mm/s.
JasonA

Awesome! thanks for all the tips! So I just got home and I'm still running into this issue on this printer... I don't know if because of FF used a standard ACME screw for the Z and not metric ??

http://www.toybuilderlabs.com/blogs/new ... yer-height

another great post...
https://www.evernote.com/shard/s211/sh/ ... dcdd2d687e

Even if I go SUPER SLOW on a cube I still get lines... so I'm thinking instead of .2 for layer... try 0.1905 or 0.22225 ???

Any thoughts?
I fly drones and R/C.
Sdigs

Check out this site. It will help you calculate the optimal layer heights for your setup.
http://prusaprinters.org/calculator/

It may help you figure out what is going on

Sdigs
JasonA

Thanks! On the FF forum, they recommended that I take off the "printed" spool holder I made for the eSUN reels/spools (they don't fit on the stock FFCP holders) and put back on the OEM holder and try the stock ABS that came with the unit.

They think it's the slop in the causing extruder issues... so I'm printing again right now to see what happens. One thing to note and I can't remember, I let it load for like a min and measured the extruded filament. I'm reading .64

Not .40 or anywhere close, is this right? Maybe this is the reason I'm over extruding?

P.S. OHH!! I edited my SailFish parameters so now the "jerk" is gone 8-) it prints smooth but the lines are still there hence the spool change.
I fly drones and R/C.
wfcook

KC_703 wrote:
wfcook wrote:I sure wish I could just set the speeds directly instead of having them all be relative to the infill speed.
Just a little math... default speed * percentage = actual speed. :) Or desired speed / default speed = percentage
No, not just a little math, because if I want to change the infill speed I have to recalculate all the percentages every...single...time. It's a royal pain in the butt. And it frankly makes no sense to have the perimeter speed and the infill speed proportional to each other. The effects of speed change are nonlinear.

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”