wsurferdude

Does Simplify3d support the daVinci Pro yet?

Hi,
I'm a nube and see all the xyzprinting printers supported except the daVicnci Pro. Has anyone tried the Simplify3d with the new Pro model yet? It USB & Wifi interfaces and currently using the packaged xyzprinting software... Have heard some rumors that xyzprinting is trying to lock out third party. Any truth to this? My first print went from Solidworks to xyzprint and made a beautiful print for a low dollar unit... Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks...
CompoundCarl

Re: Does Simplify3d support the daVinci Pro yet?

I don't think it's supported as of version 3.02, but I'm sure they will make it compatible in the future. It's still a fairly new printer, so I'd check again in a few weeks once more of the printers have shipped
Geoff Sim

I asked again, and got what seems to be a standard reply,
Thank you for contacting Simplify3D support. I'd be happy to assist you with your question. We are currently working to add support for the Da Vinci 1.0 Pro model. We hope to have it added in our next software update very soon.
As it is now Feb 2016, and this same response was sent to someone in December last year, very soon, probably translates to some time in the future.
m4dunlop

it is very sad that i have had my da vinci 1.0 pro for 4 months and bought simplify3d just as long ago and i still
can not use this software. 4 months should be long enough to get this printer added to the list. even if we have to
bug test it. i have projects waiting because i was told this was the best software to use.
lets go SIMPLIFY3D get on the ball.
diasse

Same same... Please, we need support for XYZ PRO-machine. I got the 1.0 at home and my boss got the PRO for work. Is is so "#%€"% frustraiting!

I got the same from S3D: - We are working on it... :-/
jmillerfo

I am having the same problem. I can export GCode to a file using the DaVinci 1.0 profile and upload it via XYZware successfully but the printer LCD says the code is incompatible and cancels the job.

I tried connecting to the printer via USB both in Win 10 and also in OSx. In both cases the connection dialog box says that the connection failed.

The printer is at firmware level 1.2.6, the latest as of this writing.
g.fiore@fiore-web.it

any update about the Simplify3d for davinci Pro?

Please update the status ASAP........i've buy a davinci 1.0 pro and simplify3d

regards
Geoff Sim

g.fiore@fiore-web.it wrote:any update about the Simplify3d for davinci Pro?

Please update the status ASAP........i've buy a davinci 1.0 pro and simplify3d

regards
Its not difficult to export S3D GCode, and import into XYZWare Pro software, to upload to the printer.
Search on Thingiverse for XYZ Pro 1.0 S3D, to download a profile that adds the required header to the GCode for XYZWare to accept it.

Geoff.
Obilarius

Any Updates to the DaVinci Pro Problem?
underwoodle

Thanks to Geoff there is a workaround, but I continue to push for official support from S3D. They currently support all the other XYZ printers. Why not the Pro?

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”