critical_limit

Start /End-points avoid corners

I often see that a start- or endpoint of a perimeter or segment starts and stops at a corner. No matter if you set a specific pareameter or set to automatic or random.
But starting or stopping at corners often destroys corners, specially at overhangs.
Like to see a option to tell s3d to start/stop not at corners. Maybe a value can be added how a corner is defined. E.g. movement change when angle is bigger than 80°, or 90° etc.
Even better would be to set multiple start/stop points direct to the model by clicking to a area where it should start and stop. So you can set your points to areas they are hidden or not visible due to attached parts etc.

thanx
NitroXpress

Re: Start /End-points avoid corners

Yes, definitely a important feature.
I agree !
arhi

Re: Start /End-points avoid corners

++

I sometimes really want to start/stop at corners and sometimes really don't want :D so a switch "prefer start/stop at corner" and
"never start/stop at corner" would be cool for me :D

what I noticed s3d wrt corners that's bugging me big time is - print a 1wall thick extruded square, lets say corners are around 1,2,3,4 it will do 1-2-3-4-3-2-1-2-3-4-3-2-1-2-3-4-3-2-1 instead 1-2-3-4-1-2-3-4-1-2-3-4... the problem with 1-2-3-4-3-2-1 is that 1 or the 4 will be terrible quality if you are using filament with any "pulling" force (stretchy filament like PP/HDPE, even ABS will often make a problem there if you are trying to stretch it a bit) .. and if you do 1-2-3-4-1-2-3-4 you don't have that problem at all .. I'd say it's a similar but not 100% same feature
gcodestat integrates with Simplify3D and allow you to
Calculate print time accurately (acceleration, max speed, junction deviation all taken into consideration)
Embed M117 codes into G-Code
Upload your G-Code directly to Octoprint
open source and unlicence

Return to “Feature Requests”