tobyCwood
Posts: 59
Joined: Sat May 11, 2013 1:59 pm

Chose Start Point... doesn't!

So...
"Choose Start Point at a specific location" no longer seems to work. I recall using it a while ago and it worked ok, but this time( and probably a later version of S3D) it no longer seems to do anything. I check it by moving the preview line by line and note where the perimeter shells start and stop. Nothing I enter for X or Y seems to effect this at all.
tobyCwood
Posts: 59
Joined: Sat May 11, 2013 1:59 pm

Re: Chose Start Point... doesn't!

uhhh...
It took awhile to realize that this does not work in a manner which is intuitive at all.
Basically after hacking on it for a bit I have found that it does work... but the X and Y values are NOT the absolute X/Y locations on the bed. Rather they are offsets. Why did you guys do it this way???

The only way one can get the appropriate offsets for it to work is to make a real thin, tall object and import it in, then position it where you want the start/stop position to be by the object you need to print. Then you need to note the thin tall objects' offset locations and enter them into the Choose Start position X/Y fields.
Really?!
zemlin
Posts: 434
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:36 am

Re: Chose Start Point... doesn't!

It works fine for me.
I normally enter -9999,125 to get my 'parting line' at 9:00 on parts. Sometimes -9999, -9999 if I want it at the corner of a rectangular part.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”