BobM
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:07 am

Multi process raft problem

If I have two processes with raft on, the raft includes the area for the bottom process but not the area for the supports needed for the second process. I see a couple of other reports of this but no resolution. Any ideas?
Thanks
Attachments
raft problem.jpg
andrewk72
Posts: 161
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:43 am

Re: Multi process raft problem

Can you post a factory file of your build? It's pretty hard to guess just based on the picture..
BobM
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:07 am

Re: Multi process raft problem

Factory file attached. Thanks
Attachments
Gemini II Hand Controller Cradle V2.factory
(342.48 KiB) Downloaded 159 times
andrewk72
Posts: 161
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:43 am

Re: Multi process raft problem

Well the factory file you posted doesn't even have the raft enabled in some of the processes, so I'm guessing it's not the same as that picture, but I still think I have a guess on how to fix it. Processes that start up in the air aren't allowed to have a raft or a brim. For example, if you start printing a process at 10mm, the software won't allow you to add a raft to it. So the only process of yours that can have a raft is the tiny one which you said starts at Z=0 and goes till Z-5mm. That tiny section of the model is all that will get a raft.

So to fix it, you either need to make the max Z value for that first process bigger until it includes the larger portion of your part (i.e. Z=10mm or something like that), or just use a single process which would also obviously work.
BobM
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:07 am

Re: Multi process raft problem

Thanks Andrew,
Yes the raft was not enabled for the top process but I had tried it and it made no difference. As you say setting the first process to get to the bottom of the overhanging section should fix the problem. Or one process. Neither is an optimum solution, if not critical in this case, in other models it could be.
So I consider this, if not a bug, it would be a desirable enhancement to the software to handle this situation.
Thanks again for your suggestions.
Bob

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”