wattronix
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:39 pm

How to recall an existing g-code to make a change?

I have not found a way to open an existing g-code file in order to make a change to the process settings.
There is no "Open" selection under "File" within Simplify3D.

If I click on a g-code within a hard drive folder, the file opens in 'save to disk" mode.
The file disappears when I then click on "edit process setting".

I would like to make only one small change to the process settings in order to track a change in one parameter rather than trying to remember how the process setting was originally set.

Your suggestions please...

Regards,

Ron
CompoundCarl
Posts: 2005
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:23 am

Re: How to recall an existing g-code to make a change?

You can't load a gcode file, make a process change, and then produce a new gcode file. A gcode file doesn't include the original 3D models, so it won't work.

What you really need is to open the factory file for your build (assuming you saved one), edit the process settings for that, and then create a new gcode file. You can save a factory file by going to File > Save Factory File.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”