AntonO
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri May 13, 2016 8:48 am

Perimeter test failure.

Hello guys,
I recently started to use Simplify3D! It is great software, but I have a problem with adjustment of amount of plastic extruded. I have a slight under extrusion after I adjusted amount of plastic extruded using perimeter test (Printing a square with wall thickness of one layer, measuring, adjusting extrusion multiplier). I suggest that there is under extrusion by looking at top layer (there is distance between layers) and there are gaps around holes as well. I'm using Ultimaker two and colorFabb filament. I can resolve problems increasing by extrusion multiplier, but then I have incorrect layer width :/
I have also attached picture. http://postimg.org/image/keghmu075/ On a right side, there is a part with correct extrusion multiplier (under extrusion).
Maybe you guys have some ideas?
andrewk72
Posts: 161
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:43 am

Re: Perimeter test failure.

You really can't judge under-extrusion based on the top layers. That's more likely to be an issue with the amount of infill support below those layers or the number of topic solid layers.

The best way to tell if you are under-extruding is to look at the perimeters. If you print a cube with 5 perimeters, are those perimeters all bonded together? If so, then you probably aren't under-extruding.

For your specific print, I would definitely increase the "outline overlap" setting on the Infill tab. I would probably also increase the infill % and use a few more top solid layers.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”