Budi67
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun May 15, 2016 10:16 am

No solid piece

Hello

Sorry for my bad english

I have à problem with à commercial stl
S3d see the piece as multiple pieces :?

In Cura, i have no problem !!

Any Idéa ?
Thank you

Best regards
s3d.PNG
cu.PNG
CompoundCarl
Posts: 2005
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:23 am

Re: No solid piece

I'm guessing that your STL file isn't a proper 3D solid. It looks like it has self-intersecting features. Either boolean it together properly or run it through a service like netfabb to repair it.
User avatar
dkightley
Posts: 2405
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:09 pm

Re: No solid piece

Alternatively, use the Separate Connected Surfaces option on the Mesh dropdown menu. Using it will generate additional items in the model list...which is normal, but the part should slice okay.
Doug Kightley
Volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
Railway modeller and webmaster at http://www.talkingtgauge.net
Budi67
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun May 15, 2016 10:16 am

Re: No solid piece

Thanks for your answer ;)
CompoundCarl wrote:I'm guessing that your STL file isn't a proper 3D solid. It looks like it has self-intersecting features. Either boolean it together properly or run it through a service like netfabb to repair it.
I have tried to repaire it with netfabb (classic) it's not better
dkightley wrote:Alternatively, use the Separate Connected Surfaces option on the Mesh dropdown menu. Using it will generate additional items in the model list...which is normal, but the part should slice okay.
This solution work with certain stl.

When separate this stl has 2 models, but it's no solid
simp.PNG
cura1.PNG
Budi67
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun May 15, 2016 10:16 am

Re: No solid piece

I can't print it corrtectly

I do not understand why 3 rows of the perimeter are also distant, the line of solid layer are too distant.
Is it the fault of the stl?

Thank you


Edit : it's my fault, iseen that the part, bases on support, I have to put a full layer
Last edited by Budi67 on Sat May 21, 2016 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Budi67
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun May 15, 2016 10:16 am

Re: No solid piece

I tried the link given by dkightley in another post ==> https://netfabb.azurewebsites.net/

The model are wonderful !!!!!

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”