DBFIU

How do I remove these?

Hello,

How would I be able to remove the points around the circle part of this part, that do retractions, and dont actually print anything? I tried increasing my minimum infill length but that hasnt worked for me. In fact minimum infill length never really changes anything. I really need to get rid of these because its screwing up my next layer start since I have negative extra restart distance and these little retractions really cause issues.

I've tried changing my layer thickness so that I get a full filled solid ring, but since my cross section changes, the ring is tapered, the infill will always leave at least one layer with these tiny egg shaped artifacts that do nothing and effect my next layer greatly.

Thank you
zemlin

Re: How do I remove these?

the perimeter needs to start and stop somewhere. The only way you can totally eliminate retraction points on the outside is to print using the single-layer vase/spiral mode.

You can use the retraction settings to tweak the transitions at these points to minimize the blip that will happen at these points.
dorsai3d

You could enable the "Only retract when crossing open spaces" option under the Advanced tab, that should do the trick.
DBFIU

zemlin wrote:the perimeter needs to start and stop somewhere. The only way you can totally eliminate retraction points on the outside is to print using the single-layer vase/spiral mode.

You can use the retraction settings to tweak the transitions at these points to minimize the blip that will happen at these points.
I'm aware of why retractions occur. Look closely at the picture and notice the small printless retraction points in both pictures. Those are unwanted for reasons I layed out.
Rebekah_harper

Hiya,

I am not 100% sure what you are looking for.

so am going to stab in the dark with two solutions.

1) you could set the min distance for retraction in the advance tab and increase it. it relates to that distance travelled.

2) the little eggs could be done away with by reducing the extrusion multiplier. if your find that your not extruding enough then reduce the filament diameter making it think it needs to add more but it doesn't affect the calculation it does when looking at the width of the lines it lays down.

3) if you use a specific start point as per the layer tab then at least all the start points will be as close to that point as possible.

hope at least one of these solutions is the answer you are looking for.

regards

Becky

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”