Roberto
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri May 13, 2016 7:49 am
Location: Fiji
Contact: ICQ Skype YouTube

Toolhead 1 firmware offset not recognized

Hello to all,
I put this post because I want to know why I can not recognize the offset of the tool 1 entered in the firmware. I print heads to 50mm. This data is recorded in Sailfish firmware (v4.7). Using an electronic Makerboot Gen4 (TOM), for my self-built macchinaq. With the offset via Gcode everything works fine, except for the fact that in the preview of the printing piece is displayed, on the plate, spostasto millimeters of offset, but I think this is a defect of S3D that I hope will be resolved in the next release. With Gcode activated, in the printing piece it is built in the right place. I do not understand if I'm wrong or forget anything. I think that with the M135 T1 command, the machine should move your head automatically based on the parameter entered in the firmware. How about, dimjentico anything?
Thank you from now who will respond to me.
Roberto.
andrewk72
Posts: 161
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:43 am

Re: Toolhead 1 firmware offset not recognized

The firmware offsets have nothing to do with the software. Those are 100% handled by the machine and it's firmware. So if your toolhead offsets aren't working, then something isn't correct with your firmware.

When you issue a M135 tool change command, it will automatically apply the offsets on the next move. If it isn't doing this, then you didn't setup/save the offsets correctly in your firmware.
Roberto
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri May 13, 2016 7:49 am
Location: Fiji
Contact: ICQ Skype YouTube

Re: Toolhead 1 firmware offset not recognized

Andrew thank you, that's the problem. ReplicatorG use to enter values in the EEPROM firmware recalling "On Bord Preference" and inserting in "X toolhead offset" the offset amount. Rereading the EEPROM data has been written, but in the execution of the press, to activate the tool 1 as extruder, but the head does not move to offset setting and following printing with offset Tool 0. I can not understand what does not work . The firmware is not involved. I also tried it with previous firmware all'utltimo Sailfish 4.7 and the result cambia.Non not understand why.
andrewk72
Posts: 161
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:43 am

Re: Toolhead 1 firmware offset not recognized

I'm not sure what you mean by "the firmware is not involved", but these are 100% firmware settings and are stored in the electronics EEPROM. If these settings aren't being loaded or saved correctly, then your firmware isn't setup right. The software shouldn't have to adjust these settings every time you print if the firmware is setup right.
Roberto
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri May 13, 2016 7:49 am
Location: Fiji
Contact: ICQ Skype YouTube

Re: Toolhead 1 firmware offset not recognized

I found the reason for this problem, unfortunately solving this, it is a more serious problem and this certainly can be attributed to S3D.
In firmware I had set only one extruder, and not two. I remembered that by setting the firmware with 2 extruders, in jog mode Simplify, manually imparted displacement commands to the axes X and Y and also the extruder, they do not work properly. In more specific, with the selected tool 1, X and Y moving with wrong steps and by operating the extrusion, also the x-axis is moved along with it then going to end up in the limit switch. Setting in the firmware only one extruder, in jog everything works correctly for both tools. What do you think, it seems to you that this is a problem S3D?
If I hope to be aware of the developers. For now I have only one set to leave extruder and use GCode for the offset.
Waiting for tips .....
CompoundCarl
Posts: 2005
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:23 am

Re: Toolhead 1 firmware offset not recognized

Go read about the x3g commands that are used for jogging. There is no information about toolhead offsets sent in those commands. As was said above, the offsets are controlled by the firmware.

If the offsets are not correct, your firmware settings are wrong. It's as simple as that. There isn't toolhead offset information embedded in the x3g commands since that is stored and applied automatically by the firmware.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”