davedfx

[ADDED] Realtime positioning viewport updates

I would like to have realtime feedback on the model when I adjust position, scale rotation etc.
It would be good to use keyboard to move objects eg arrow keys

Also non uniform scaling would be nice
AndersE

Re: Feature request. Realtime positioning viewport updates

I agree completely.
JoeJ

Just to check, you guys know you can use the mouse/keyboard shortcuts to move the models interactively on the screen, right? It sounds like that is the realtime method you're looking for. I think that's on page 5 of the Quick Start Guide if you need help with it ("Manipulating Your Model" section). I almost never use the numeric positioning window unless I need some specific rotation angle or something crazy like that.
madeinoz

davedfx wrote:I would like to have realtime feedback on the model when I adjust position, scale rotation etc.

+1

I would also like to be able to position the object around the x and y axis using my mouse
JoeJ

madeinoz wrote:
davedfx wrote:I would like to have realtime feedback on the model when I adjust position, scale rotation etc.

+1

I would also like to be able to position the object around the x and y axis using my mouse

You can already do this. Read the Quick Start Guide.
Jeff

I can rotate using the following keys

•Move Model – Ctrl-left-click and drag (or Command-left-click on the Mac)
•Scale Model – Ctrl-right-click and drag up and down (or Command-right-click on the Mac)
•Rotate Model – Alt-left-click and drag right or left (or Option-left-click on the Mac)

The rest you need to access the Dialog box and rotate your part on a different axis.
madeinoz

Jeff wrote:I can rotate using the following keys

•Move Model – Ctrl-left-click and drag (or Command-left-click on the Mac)
•Scale Model – Ctrl-right-click and drag up and down (or Command-right-click on the Mac)
•Rotate Model – Alt-left-click and drag right or left (or Option-left-click on the Mac)

The rest you need to access the Dialog box and rotate your part on a different axis.
yes I had to "RTFM" haha and found I can do it
rsilvers

You cannot rotate on X/Y/Z without the dialog. And the dialog does not show you what is happening until you hit save. And by that time, the change was already made.

When you change the dialog, the model should update in real time and save it if you hit save.
davedfx

Yes I know the shortcut keys but this is not accurate and has no data feedback. Eg rotate 91 degrees. Scale 1.52 etc? Can't do that. Up software has a great interface that has great user feedback. Download it and see what I mean. You can move x y z based on user input. say 0.1 and nudge the part in place in any view.

It's lame coming from other apps that has realtime feedback with data monitoring.

Moving objects in S3D switches to top view which is disorienting when you have many objects that occludes each other.

Return to “Feature Requests”