Devis3d Designs

Re: Tip of the Day 30 - Using 3DTouch, CubeX,CubePro and Rap

Anyone tried the new version with a Cube X? Wondering how much of the post processing I'll need to change...

Thanks,
Zack
jschneider89

What firmware is everyone using? Anyone using one of the newer firmwares and able to get around the filament counter?
allan_glover

jschneider89 wrote:What firmware is everyone using? Anyone using one of the newer firmwares and able to get around the filament counter?
Unfortunately someone updated the CubePro firmware to v1.14B before I took over. I will let you know about the filament, I am messing around with it tonight.

Anyone know the acceleration m code?
razster

The M240 command looks like it might control acceleration stuff, but it's hard to be certain. May need to experiment.
allan_glover

razster wrote:The M240 command looks like it might control acceleration stuff, but it's hard to be certain. May need to experiment.
I changed M240 from S1400 to S1000. It causes the extruder to skip steps from the beginning of the print. First extrusion is the purge M55x command and it skips at that point. M240 is definitely not XY acceleration setting
joestefano

Hello everyone, I am new to S3D I have a CubeX Trio printing ok with Kisslicer and a CubeX Duo that I just converted to a Duet control board and Bowden extruders (pic's attached) First I want to get the converted printer going. Which printer profile should I choose? Any suggestions for feeds and speeds for Bowden extruders?
As far as my stock Trio any one printing well with a stock set up using bulk filament? I played around with the starting script but I cant get the printer to read the file.
Attachments
Duet-CubeX conversion.zip
(11.06 MiB) Downloaded 285 times
CompoundCarl

If it's using a duet board, you really don't need to be reading any of the info in this thread. You can just use standard gcode. Try using the configuration assistant and selecting Other and then configuring from there.
joestefano

Thank you for that. I also have a CubeX Trio that is stock and I use Kisslicer with bulk filament. I see fff for CubePro is it the same for CubeX? When I purchased S3D the website said that the CubeX was supported.
CompoundCarl

CubePro and CubeX are different machines. I doubt you can use the same profile. Send them an email about your CubeX Trio and they can probably tell you what profile to use
https://www.simplify3d.com/contact-us/
TrevorJ

Hi I have a cube trio and have had simply3d with the correct fff file and the codex but I just upgrade the firmware in the machine and it comes up with an error code saying wrong format. I have had it working earlier but not now I am putting it down to the new firmware.

can someone help me please.

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”