TMeyer
Posts: 68
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:52 pm

I have problems with S3Ds Bed Leveling Wizard

Dear all,

I got some new nozzles for my Ultimaker 2. Since I have an Olsson Block I orderd the 0.4mm nozzles from 3DSolex.
Now I wanted to use the 'Bed Leveling Wizard' inside S3D.
First I tried with option 'Automatic leveling positions based on build dimensions'. The built plane moves up and the print head moves from backside to front. But the head moves too far. The printhead crashed towards the case of my Ultimaker 2.
I switched my UM2 off immediately.
Then I wanted to try the other option called 'Manually enter leveling positions'. I started the 'Machine Control Panel' of S3D and used the 'Jog Controls' to move the print head to 4 save positions close to the 4 corners of the built plate.
I noted these positions and added them in the 'Bed Leveling Wizard' window as you can see in the attached screenshot.
Then I hit next inside the wizard. The builtplate moves up and the nozzle moves again from backside to the front. But again it moves too far. The printhead again crashed towards the case of my Ultimaker 2.

What I am doing wrong?
Attachments
BedLeveling.jpg
dorsai3d
Posts: 237
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:01 am

Re: I have problems with S3Ds Bed Leveling Wizard

Need to use the onboard leveling on the Ultimaker. It homes at the bottom and has a firmware value for the top of travel, you need to update that value if you're using a nozzle with a different offset. There's other ways to do it, but I think that's the easiest.
TMeyer
Posts: 68
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:52 pm

Re: I have problems with S3Ds Bed Leveling Wizard

Hi,

@dorsai3d: thanks for reply, but sorry - I don't really understand what you mean.

What do you mean saying: Need to use the onboard leveling on the Ultimaker.?

May I made it not clear enough. I don't have a problem with nozzle crashing into built plate.
The S3D Bed Leveling Wizard moves the built plate from the bottom position to top position (around 10mm below nozzle tip) without problems.
The problem I have is that the nozzle moves too far in Y direction (front side) even if I use the manual values I tested before using save positions (as described in my first post)

Hope it is more clear now.
dorsai3d
Posts: 237
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:01 am

Re: I have problems with S3Ds Bed Leveling Wizard

Ah, gotcha. The coordinates that you show in your screenshot look like they should be okay. Homing works well? Try manual controls from the jog window and see if you can jog to those coordinates.
TMeyer
Posts: 68
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:52 pm

Re: I have problems with S3Ds Bed Leveling Wizard

Hi dorsai3d,

yes homing works well out of Jog Control of S3D.
Please read carefully! I already used the Jog Controls (see my 1st post) to get correct coordinates for the manual option of the S3Ds Bed Leveling Wizard. But even if I use these coordinates the head moves too far to the front (Y direction).
It seems that the Bed Leveling Wizard ignores the coordinates I entered or is doing something unexpected during finding the first position.

Still need help...

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”