scampa

Save Toolpaths to Disk (v3.1.0) always saves with .gcode ext

I've noticed in the latest version that if I try to save my gcode with a ".g" extension, S3D always saves it with the ".gcode" extension....It did not always work like this...

Is this simply a bug? If so can it be filed for fixing?

Thanks!!
CompoundCarl

Re: Save Toolpaths to Disk (v3.1.0) always saves with .gcode

Why don't you just put {EXTENSION "g"} in your post-processing commands section? That way it will automatically use that extension without you have to try to override it?
teamcarlisle

I have noticed 3.1.0 has messed with my file extensions also. I print on a Hyvision Cubicon single and I have {EXTENSION "hvs"} in my post processing section. on the previous version I would go to save my gcode for file "test.stl" and the auto-naming process would look like "test.gcode" and the output would be "test.gcode"

Now on 3.1.0 when I go to save my gcode the auto-naming process wants to title my slice as "test.hvs.stl" and the output ends up as "test.hvs.hvs". So now either way I have to manually rename the file/extension at some point. I've tried re-initializing my simplify3d installation, that didnt help.
teamcarlisle

Well, my first reply is still awaiting moderation, but I found a fix for my issue, I'm not sure if its a windows 10 thing, or an odd bug in simplify3d, or a marriage issue between s3d and W10, but I figured out that my .hvs extention had no file association setup in windows. All I had to do was associate it with something (I did an "open with" and told the OS to always associate it with notepad) After doing that, Simplify quit saving my files as "test.hvs.gcode" and started saving them correctly as "test.hvs" Hope that helps.
jimc

Funny, my files have never saved as a .g. Always as a .gcode ever since i started using s3d in 1.1.4. Even now after the update it still saves a .gcode both on mac and pc

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”