maquantz

Space bar stops print!

My computer monitor goes to sleep after a period...useful for long prints.
However I usually wake it by pressing the space bar on the keyboard.
I found out this am that this is also the command to disconnect the printer from Simplify 3d!

In retrospects a number of prints have been halted prematurely as the computer is woken up.

Is there either a way to change/bypass this command or to resume printing after a disconnect>?

Thanks
Mac
CompoundCarl

Re: Space bar stops print!

I'm watching a print right now and clicking the space bar over and over and it isn't stopping the print. So I really doubt that's a keyboard shortcut or anything. Much more likely is that your computer went to sleep, you clicked space bar to wake it up, and in the process of your computer going to sleep and then waking up it disconnected the printer. That's quite common. You can't let the computer go to sleep during a print.
dorsai3d

Re: Space bar stops print!

It's also probable that the window that has focus (I'm guessing you leave the control panel up) has the UI disconnect/stop button selected and pressing spacebar is pushing that button as well, since the computer isn't asleep, so it's going to do whatever keypress you use. Just use a different button to wake your monitor, or select a different window so hitting spacebar doesn't click any important buttons in the control panel.

Return to “Feature Requests”