billyd
Posts: 279
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:13 pm

S3D crashes whenever I run configuration assistant

I need to swap configs for two different printers with S3D. Just recently S3D crashes whenever I try to run the assistant.

How do I fix this without an uninstall reinstall? I don't want to lose all my processes. And export import of the files is not a great option either. I am looking for a quick simple fix. It is obviously a corrupted file. Which one is it, and how can I fix it?
User avatar
dkightley
Posts: 2405
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:09 pm

Re: S3D crashes whenever I run configuration assistant

You really only need to run the configuration assistant once per printer ever! You don't need to run it every time you want to use your other printer...see this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5499&p=23838&hilit= ... ers#p23838
Doug Kightley
Volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
Railway modeller and webmaster at http://www.talkingtgauge.net
billyd
Posts: 279
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:13 pm

Re: S3D crashes whenever I run configuration assistant

I was told to use it when switching between printers by S3D. I can use the method you linked to in the future thanks.

Unfortunately now my machine crashes whenever I run it. So I will need to fix that at some point. Any idea how?
CompoundCarl
Posts: 2005
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:23 am

Re: S3D crashes whenever I run configuration assistant

The typical recommendation is to go to Help > Reset All Settings, so if you don't want to do that, not sure what to do...

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”